- Channel (U-Shaped) Glass
- Textured Glass
- New Construction
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Completion Year
- Approx. Surface Area
- 40,000 sq. ft.
- Schwartz Silver Architects, Boston, MA with Eskew & Dumez & Ripple, New Orleans, LA
- BHN Corporation, Memphis, TN
Schwartz/Silver Architects literally turned Bendheim’s channel glass around to deliver a striking new look using the unique material. The innovative glass facade features approx. 40,000 square feet of our 504 Rough Cast textured channel glass with its flanges facing out. It functions as the rainscreen cladding of the multi-dimensional building.
The Shaw Center contains an art museum, two theaters, an art studio, and a gallery space. It owes its existence to the efforts and generosity of The Arts Block LLC, a joint venture of state and local government, local arts organizations, Louisiana State University, and the private sector. Located a block from the Mississippi River, the complex serves as a dramatic addition to the revitalization of downtown Baton Rouge. It is the first project to feature Bendheim channel glass in Louisiana.
Awards & Recognitions
- AIA National Honor Award, 2008
- Honor Award – AIA New England Regional Council, 2005
- Honor Award – AIA Gulf States Regional Council, 2005
- Higher Education Award, Citation for Design – Boston Society of Architects (BSA)/AIA, 2005
- Award for Design – Boston Society of Architects (BSA)/AIA, 2005
- Louisiana Contractor’s Best of 2005 Judges’ Award in Construction