- Channel (U-Shaped) Glass
- Textured Glass
- New Construction
- Hospitality & Retail
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Completion Year
- Kearns Mancini Architects & Patkau Architects
- Westmetro Glass Service of Concord, Ontario
A “ghostly” translucent, expansive channel glass rainscreen by Bendheim defines the upper levels of the recently constructed Fort York Visor Center. The channel glass facade rises from the landscape and runs the entire length of the center. It offers a robust layer of protection to the buildings’ structural walls, shielding them from wind & moisture. The project features our low-iron textured channel glass set in single-glazed SF-60S frames.
Fort York Visitor Center | Channel Glass Rainscreen
This is a short interview with the architect of the Fort York Visitor Center in Toronto, Ontario. The building features a glass rainscreen made of Bendheim's channel glass.
Awards & Recognitions
- Toronto Urban Design Award of Excellence, 2015
- Ontario Association of Architects Awards of Excellence Honorable Mention, 2015
- Canadian Architect Award of Excellence, 2011