- Channel (U-Shaped) Glass
- Textured Glass
- New Construction
- Hospitality & Retail
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Completion Year
- Kearns Mancini Architects & Patkau Architects
- Westmetro Glass Service of Concord, Ontario
A “ghostly” translucent, expansive channel glass rainscreen by Bendheim defines the upper levels of the recently constructed Fort York Visitor Center.Set in our SF-60S framing system, the 504 Rough Cast channel glass facade rises from the landscape and runs the entire length of the center as the back wall. It offers a robust layer of protection to the buildings’ structural walls, shielding them from wind & moisture. The project features our low-iron textured channel glass set in single-glazed SF-60S frames.
Fort York Visitor Center | Channel Glass Rainscreen
This is a short interview with the architect of the Fort York Visitor Center in Toronto, Ontario. The building features a glass rainscreen made of Bendheim's channel glass.
Awards & Recognitions
- Toronto Urban Design Award of Excellence, 2015
- Ontario Association of Architects Awards of Excellence Honorable Mention, 2015
- Canadian Architect Award of Excellence, 2011