Daylight-Friendly Channel Glass Walls
Light-diffusing, self-supporting channel glass requires minimal framing, creating virtually seamless curvilinear glass walls that can span across elevations.
Channel glass is a specialty architectural glass for interior and exterior wall applications, distinguishable by its signature linear aesthetic. The U-shaped glass channels are self-supporting, standing as tall as 23 feet (7 m) in a relatively lightweight ¼” (7 mm) thickness. They require minimal perimeter framing, creating virtually seamless glass walls that can be hundreds of feet long and can span across elevations.
- Daylighting: Diffuses light & minimizes glare, provides natural light without the loss of privacy
- Great Spans: Glass walls of limitless distances horizontally & heights up to 23 ft. (7 m)
- Elegance: Glass-to-glass corners & serpentine curves provide soft, even light distribution
- Versatility: From facades to interior partitions to lighting
- Thermal Performance: U-Value range = 0.49 to 0.19 (minimal heat transfer)
- Acoustic Performance: reaches a sound reduction rating of STC 43 (better than 4.5″ batt-insulated stud wall)
- Seamless: No vertical metal supports required
- Lightweight: ¼” thick channel glass is easy to design with and handle
- Bird-Friendly: Tested, ABC threat factor 25
Channel glass offers a stunning alternative to traditional opaque building walls and flat architectural glass, creating virtually seamless glass walls of tremendous sizes and proportions. The three-dimensional, self-supporting glass channels can stand as tall as 23 feet, in a relatively lightweight ¼” glass thickness. Channel glass requires minimal framing, creating a uniform appearance with clean design lines. Bendheim channel glass products are available in eight decorative surface textures, hundreds of colors, a range of thermal performance coatings, insulation inserts, and frame systems.